Today I show you how you can make this playful nail art design.
I have used the following products:
- OPI Glitter Off basecoat
- OPI Put a Coat On basecoat
- China Glaze Plur-ple
- China Glaze Pink Voltage
- China Glaze Home Sweet House Music
- China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- China Glaze Treble Maker
- China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind
- OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? (not in the picture)
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat
- striper brush
- nail art sponge
Apply the white basecoat on all nails, the makes the neon colors to stand out. Note that a white nail polish is not the same as a white base coat! If you do not have a white basecoat you could use a white polish underneath but you have to apply a regular base coat.
Dip the striper brush in the purple polish and paint a chevron pattern on the tip of the ring finger nail. This does not have to be very tight, it is a playful design so whatever imperfections contribute to the end result.
Fill the nail with all the colors.
Apply the peel off basecoat on the cuticles and skin surrounding the nails, leave the ring finger clear. Wait until it has completely dried.
Apply all the colors on the sponge. Let the layers overlap each other.
Dab the sponge on the ail and make a nice rainbow effect. You get the best result when there are no clear lines visible. If necessary, re-apply the polishes on the sponge.
Remove the peel off basecoat from the skin.
Dip the striper brush in the black polish and paint the line between the colors. The line does not need to be perfectly neat.
When all is dry you apply a shiny topcoat.
- OPI Glitter Off basecoat, OPI Dealer, $10
- OPI Put a Coat On basecoat, OPI Dealer, $10
- China Glaze Plur-ple, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- China Glaze Pink Voltage, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- China Glaze Home Sweet House Music, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- China Glaze Treble Maker, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, Nailsupplies – $3.25
- OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!?, is discontinued but every black cream polish will do
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, Ulta– $5.99
- striper penseel, Nail Product – €6,95
- nail art sponsjes, Nail Product – €3,85 80 pcs
I hope that you’ve liked this tutorial.